Development Manager -
At CEG, we do not just build and manage bricks and mortar; we build communities. We make space for people to flourish and businesses to develop. We have more than 100 properties across the UK and we want to provide the perfect place for businesses to thrive.
We are looking for a Development Manager with 3-4 years post qualification experience considering their next step to work within the Development Team based at Kirkstall Forge in Leeds, working on two of the most exciting development schemes in the UK, being Kirkstall Forge and Temple.
Expected to work from the office at least 4 days a week.
The primary focus will be in project development from stages 0-4. The desired candidate will lead with feasibility, legal, design, and planning functions and then work closely with the in-house construction team to maintain the “development vision” during project delivery.
The role will cover a range of development functions; an understanding of sustainable development will be beneficial. The role will suit a self-starter with the confidence to explore ideas rather than accepting the status quo.
• Relevant surveying, technical, development or property degree or qualification.
• Demonstrable experience of working within early RIBA stages 0-4
• An understanding of development appraisals and commercial awareness.
• An interest and understanding of sustainable development with an interest in technical projects (bridges, infrastructure, energy systems)
• Development experience is likely to be predominantly in the new build commercial sector, although an understanding of other sectors including residential, life sciences and or listed / historic buildings would be advantageous.
• Demonstrable experience of innovative approaches in property.
• Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
• RICS/APMP/RIBA or other professional affiliation is preferred but not essential.
Reporting to line manager in the Development team, your Key Responsibilities will be:
• Work closely with the team to conceive and manage the design, development, commercial and place creation vision for projects.
• Prepare for monthly team master planning meetings collating actions and agendas.
• Signpost and share relevant information using ACC document management system
• Be the client representative in external meetings to deliver the project briefs
• Take responsibility for leading projects.
• Identify, research, interrogate, and support in the development of business cases, making recommendations for development opportunities
• Establish project briefs for masterplan design team appointments
• Lead and coordinate delivery of small projects, including planning applications, cost management, appraisal management, managing the discharge of conditions, and acting as point of coordination for internal and external teams
• Identifying and positioning projects within the masterplan programme for relevant infrastructure funding against project objectives.
For further information or to apply for this role, please send your CV to HR@ceg.co.uk